Taytay: A fabric must!

Taytay is where fabric addiction begins. You don’t even have to be a sewer to appreciate it. It’s so cheap and usually good quality.

More on my Instagram: amommabroad. #taytay

A few tips:

• Traffic can be bad on Ortigas extension coming back into Ortigas.
  • Bring hand sanitizer/baby wipes as the warehouses/shops are dusty.
  • At the knit warehouse you have to purchase the whole piece of fabric- no cutting.
  • The knit warehouse is per kilo.
  • The cotton store has bolts and bolts. Go in with some idea of what you want or you will be totally overwhelmed. Price is 45-60 per yard. I think yard but maybe meter- sorry!
  • The places are sweaty and hot!
  • The knit warehouse is #6 in the photo and attached to Philippians Montessori- very easy to Google.
  • Cotton store is on Rizal Ave up the road from the park/tent market. It will be on your right side of the road.

12 Comments Add yours

1. My daughter is so in love with chevron right now. I may need to make a trip up there just to get some of that fabric! We only have access to mall-based fabric stores around us, and it’s all pretty standard stuff for making uniforms, shirts, and suits. Some more feminine options are available, but not a whole lot.

1. amber says:

It has ttttooooo much good stuff!

2. Karen says:

Have been going to Taytay for years, but never been to number 6! It is now definitely on my list!

3. sumtyms says:

Hi, I really want to go to and see the fabric shops in taytay. Can you point me to the right locations? If you know the addresses? Are the places different from the fabric market one? Will wait patiently for your reply.

4. Mark reyes says:

Hi, thank you for this is info. Its very usefull. Just to clarify from which shop can we find michael miller fabrics? 🙂 thanks and have a good one!

5. Rina Bautista says:

Hi! Thank you for the info. Can you help me specify the location and name of the shops? I am not familiar with taytay. Just in case. Thank you!

6. Trishia says:

Hello. May i know the exact address? Is it in Taytay New or Old Market? name of the shop please.

1. amber says:

I attached a map with photos. If you look on the maps you will see. I don’t know the specific names, good luck!