With all the glorious day trips I’ve been taking with my kids, I’m finding you don’t need to go far away to feel far away. Our first time living here in 2009 I would have never thought just a two hour jaunt out of Manila would take me to a waterfall, majestic rocks and caves, rafting across a lake or to a windmill farm. Expensive plane flights and hotels aren’t necessary for a dreamy adventure.
Today’s dreamy adventure was Daranak and Batlag Falls in Tanay, Rizal. Seeing photographs on Instagram and friends’ FB pages gave me an itch that needed to be scratched! I wondered if the water would really be that turquoise and clean. It was.
Daranak Falls is organized, easy to get to and the price is right. It took just under two hours each way. Admittance is 50php-100php. A plentiful number of tables, huts and inner-tubes are available for rent. Our driver mentioned that there is another waterfall, Batlag Falls and that is where you wanna be! You have to enter Daranak Falls first and then enter another passage for Batlag Falls. Definitely stop at Daranak Falls as the swimming area and waterfall are larger. However, it was so crowded we just went straight to Batlag Falls and I’m really happy we did. I always prefer less crowds.
Things To know:
- Daranak Falls is great place for all ages.
- Tanay, Rizal, Philippines
- Around two hours each way. Road signs for help.
- Entrance fee: 100php Adults 50php children 5+
- Huts: 300php
- Tables: 200php
- Inner-tubes: 50php
- Camping is available
- Bathrooms and food stalls available.
- Wear shoes that can get wet as you are walking through water much of the visit.
- I recommend bringing food as you can easily stay all day. Barbecues are available for use. We packed lunch and snacks.