This is a post I have so much excitement for. I love treasure hunting and I love it even more when it is in my barangay. Last month I was gifted a Beatriz Bag from The Travelling Trunk. Upon finding that it was one of Oprah’s Favorite Things 2016 I felt so much Pinoy pride. If you don’t know how big of a deal Oprah’s Favorite Things are then you having been living under a rock (or out of country, lol)! (I actually did an Oprah impersonation on my IG with the Beatriz Bag) A livelihood project started by a Filipina right here in Pasig making charts in America, can I get an amen!? Of course I had to visit, we hit up a park for the boys and then a showroom for momma.
Each of these bags are hand crafted by women who lay each string separately to create a unique design.
The showroom is very much a show and stock room. When you visit call ahead and make sure it is open. The women working there are super friendly and organized. I was lucky enough to see them finishing some of the purses. It isn’t a large space so if you come in a large group be prepared to get cozy. There is a couch and they will turn on the air-con for you. A cheeky little monkey found a bag of candy hidden away in the owners desk. Sorry Tita Carissa. 🙂 He was quite proud of himself. Tita showed my middle son how to use some of the tools. I love Filipinos so much, they are naturally so kind and happy. We are so blessed to live here! Learning from tita about how to fasten the shoulder strap. Oh my! I liked the small clutches but when I laid eyes on the cuff (and price tag- so affordable (cheap!)) I couldn’t help myself. I bought a handful to give away at Christmas. You can see the individual patterns of the string placement, impeccable. Group selfie naman! The shopkeepers were all so helpful and kind.A few months earlier at Habi Fair these tassels caught my eye and I bought over a dozen of different designs, I am partial to the pom pom. The sales lady explained that the shop is in Pasig. I loved this information knowing that I could visit and buy more. Come to find out, my beloved tassels are also from Beatriz Accessories! I have hung them on all of our bedroom door knobs I love them so much. They are meant to be a purse accessory but I love them for decor. I am adding them to every Christmas gift I give this year. I love the idea that the wrapping can be decorative but also useful.
Things To Know:
- There seems to be an error with the main website so use FB messenger to contact Beatriz.
- Contact number : 0917 896 8905
- It is very much a show and stock room and not a store front. Be prepared to really search. The titas working there are very helpful and will even find more stock in their storage if needed.
- The items at the showroom are very much discounted as opposed to buying online or in the store, especially compared to The US prices. This is a great find!
- They have a showroom in Makati also and in Pasig. The Pasig showroom is just across from Ace Water Spa on United St. See map below, star indicates location.