I was having beautiful produce withdrawals after our recent trip to La Trinidad and had a hunger for affordable, vibrant and flavorful produce. Lucky for me, Manila really does have it all. Just north of us at Farmer’s Market Cubao there is beautiful produce, variety, great prices and a slight breeze while shopping.
You can sample most produce, just ask. If you don’t see what you are looking for ask around as vendors are helpful and friendly with one another.
Things To Know:
- Farmer’s Market at Cubao is located adjacent to the Araneta Center. There are no specific times listed but I imagine it is open early and closes late.
- The market is vast and has produce, eggs, meat & fish, dry goods, a dampa section and even a plant section. Here is an awesome post about a day tour there.
- I bought two bags of produce for 1,800 php. I am sure I didn’t get the bargain price but I still felt good about all that I got. I forgot to keep track of the prices, sorry!
- You could easily spend a morning exploring here. I would definitely try dampa and other items at the food court.
- Make sure you also include Quezon City Experience Museum in your itinerary.