(Giveaway is closed) Y’all know I love lokal and I want you to thrive here. My goal is to explore, find gems and bring them to you! As one momma to another I have created a round up of a few lokal favorite items and experiences that can help you focus on you, even if just for a day. Although, it should be more often than a day. If we don’t take care of ourselves then who will? You can also forward this post to a certain someone if they are at a loss for Mother’s Day.
- Enjoy a number of treatments at HOO Dermatology. No need to drive far as Manila has many branches. I recommend the triactive exfoliation treatment.
- Schedule an appointment for a hair treatment at Piandre. You can even get a mani and pedi while you get your hair service. Did you know you can also just get a blow out for a nice date?
- Indulge in a locally crafted soy candle from So True Naturals to set a mood and unwind.
- The ultimate getaway is a night at The Farm At San Benito. It doesn’t get dreamier than a coconut farm health and wellness spa. If possible, spring for a massage. Day options are available as well.
- For those who don’t want to travel too far, The Shangri-La and the lux Sofitel are eye catching. It is a shame one cannot move into the cheese room at the Sofitel’s Spiral. If overnight isn’t your thing then opt for an afternoon high tea.
- Learning is always rejuvenating and there are a number of workshops offered in Manila. Check out Hey Kessy, Craft MNL, Life After Breakfast, Glass Bart Antipolo or Body Food All Natural. (I am actually teaching a simple hand-stitching class in Alabang at Hey Kessy on May 13, come join!)
- Schedule a date for a family photographer. A mother is usually the one who inflicts this on the family, how nice would it be to have it scheduled for her? That way it wouldn’t just be her coaxing everyone but a real team effort.
- It is all about the backpacks this year and these two from Doughnut Bags and Gouache are top notch in style and practicality.
- You can’t go wrong with an item from Seek The Uniq. It is all online and gets delivered to your front door. Win win right there.
And for the grand finale…
Mommy and Me pendant necklace from local jewelry designer Heyjow. Near and dear to a mother birds heart are her baby birds. What better way to keep them close to you than to wear them. The matte gold and tassel combination are perfection. Joana Ballesteros Gube sunk her heart into this collection as she became a mother herself last year. Lucky for y’all, Heyjow wants to support us mommas and has graciously offered a Mommy and Me pendant necklace for three of you readers!