Markets and Pop-Ups and Bazaars! Oh my!
The Philippines knows how to do holidays. They start partying four months in advance. The 'Ber months are upon us which means we welcome Christmas music, Santa decorations, extended mall hours and the beginning of shopping season! Now commences the season of markets, pop-ups and bazaars in Manila.
If you haven't been to a bazaar in Manila you haven't lived! I say this in jest but to be honest, it's sort of true. Filipinos are so entrepreneurial markets are an easy way to get small start ups and brands in direct connection with the public. I have a soft spot for these types of shopping events because they usually showcase local brands, handicrafts and hard to find items that aren't in our traditional department stores. I also prefer seeing the items in person as opposed to buying online.
Here's a short list of some exciting markets, pop-ups and bazaars this month:
- The Gypseek Atlas September 8-13 Power Plant Mall - You guys, it's finally happening. Seek The Uniq is putting up a short brick and mortar to give us a little taste of the world curators collection in person. There will be free workshops, styling demos and special promos. If it couldn't get any better you can also 'try before you buy and have it delivered right to your door, for free. *photos courtesy of Seek The Uniq
- Spectrum Fair September 16-17 Whitespace Manila; November 18-19 at Whitespace; December 8-10 Pop-up at Megamall Fashion Hall; December 16-17 at Whitespace December 20-23 at the New Podium - Fear not titas, this is not just for millennials! While Spectrum Fair is all things young and hip they have great products like unpaper towels (cotton paper towels), linen children's pajamas and my favorite patches. Plus, something exciting that I have been working on with Pottly N Tubby. You will see more very soon, I promise. Get the first pick at Spectrum Fair. Head on over and watch their second birthday video, you may see two familiar faces. :)
*photos courtesy of Puttly N Tubby
- Katutubo Pop-Up Market September 16-17 Manila House - If you go to Katutubo for no other reason than to peek inside the mysteriously beautiful Manila House I don't blame you. BUT I hope you also go to admire the beautiful work of Filipino craftsmen with new brands such as Kaayo featuring modern Mindanao designs.
*photo courtesy of Kaayo
Honorable mention markets, bazaars and pop-ups to keep an eye open for:
- ArteFino August 2017
- MaArte August 2017
- FilipinaZ - August 2017
- Negros Trade Fair - September 27 - October 1 Glorietta 3
- Likhang Habi Market Fair - October 20-22 Glorietta Activity Center
- The Travelling Trunk - November 11-12 at the Henry; November 18-19 Makati
- Manila Fame - October 20-22 World Trade Center Manila
- American Women's Club Bazaar - September 26, October 24, November 21, December 6
- Maker's Market - Most weekends, check FB for updates.
- Salon Carré Trunk Show September 9 and 10 at Nest, 40 Jupiter St. Cor. Paseo de Roxas, Makati City. Doors open at 10 AM!